Swiss-ball Hamstring Curl
Today we are looking at the swiss-ball hamstring curl; a great exercise which can be done at home with very little equipment.
It is an effective exercise helping to strengthen your hamstring, glute and core muscles whilst improving your stability & balance.
How to perform the swiss-ball hamstring curl
- Lie down on your back with your arms on the ground beside you.
- Place both your heels on the ball.
- Lift your hips off the floor, with your body in a straight line.
- In this elevated position pull the ball in towards your glutes.
- When you can’t pull the ball any closer, slowly return the ball to the start position as you straighten your legs
- Aim to achieve 3 sets of 15-20, slow and controlled.
Once you have built enough strength you can add progressions by introducing a single leg curl which will increase the load on your hamstrings and further challenge your core muscles.
Benefits of the Swiss-ball Hamstring Curl
- Builds hamstring strength
- Builds core strength
- Improves balance & coordination
- Improves body alignment
- Reduces the risk of injury
- Improves flexibility
- Relieves stress
- Helps to keep you healthy throughout life
- Improves athletic performance
The list goes on, so if you are not already working your hamstrings you should seriously consider adding this exercise to your routine.